EF睡前故事感恩回归--- Oh, the places you will go!
发布时间:2017-05-17-
Oh, the Places You’ll Go! 《你要去的地方!》是美国20世纪最受欢迎的儿童文学作家和插图画家 Dr. Seuss 苏斯博士的最后一部作品。
绘本讲述的是刚刚结束一种生活、即将开始另一种生活的朋友们所要面临的问题,他们可能会遭遇失败或忍受孤独,但是未来充满无限可能,挫折、等待、孤独、迷茫都是他们需要克服的障碍。
有人说,这是一本非常适合高中和大学毕业生的图画书,但实际上,该书以色彩斑澜的插图和奇妙的语言使得它更适合那些在新环境中开始新生活的人来读,例如:幼儿园里的小孩、毕业生、新婚夫妇、新员工等。苏斯博士的作品不仅仅是写给孩子的,而是写给所有人的。
Oh, the places you will go!
来自杭州英孚青少儿英语
绘本丨《Oh!the places you will go》
祝贺你!今天是你的大日子!
You’re off to great places!
往好地方出发!
You’re off and away!
启程走天涯!
You have brains in your head.
你有头脑。
You have feet in your shoes.
也有脚力。
You can steer yourself any direction you choose.
想往哪儿走就往哪儿走。
You’re on your own. And you know what you know.
一个人上路,你需要自持自知。
And YOU are the guy who’ll decide where to go.
路在何方?你自有主意。
You’ll look up and down streets. Look them over with care.
你会上下打量街道,并仔细观察他们。
About some you will say: “I don’t choose to go there.”
有一些路,你一看便知道:“我不选择去那里。”
With your head full of brains and your shoes full of feet.
你才智满脑,足下是劲。
You’re too smart to go down any not-so-good street.
聪明如你,怎么会走上那些岔路呢?
And you may not find any you want to go down.
也许你可能找不到你想去的地方。
In that case, of course, You’ll head straight out of town.
如果是这样,你会立马离城再寻去处。
It’s opener there,in the wide open air.
(城外)旷野大漠,更尽开阔。
Out there things can happen and frequently do to people as brainy and footsy as you.
在那边,人若如你,勤快聪慧,往往大有作为。
And when things start to happen,
当大任降身,
Don’t worry. Don’t stew.
别担心,别焦躁。
Just go right along.
顺着走下去,
You’ll start happening too.
你也会开始踏上光明大道。
Oh, the places you’ll go!
哦,你将要去的地方!
You’ll be on your way up!
你会平步青云!
You’ll be seeing great sights!
你会饱览美景!
You’ll join the high fliers who soar to high heights.
你会跻身精英,高飞攀迎!
你不会落后,因为你分秒必争。
You’ll pass the whole gang and you’ll soon take the lead.
你会超越众人,领先他等。
Wherever you fly, you’ll be best of the best.
飞往何处,你都是卓越之最。
Wherever you go, you’ll top all the rest.
去往何方,你都能盖世夺魁。
Except when you don’t.
做不到的时候除外,
Because sometimes, you won’t.
因为,有时,你会做不到如此精彩。
I’m sorry to say so
很遗憾得这么说,
but, sadly, it’s true
可叹,这是事实。
that bang-ups
吃闭门羹
and hang-ups
遇阻受碍
can happen to you.
你可能也会如此。
You can get all hung up in a prickle-ly perch.
你也许会被困卡在荆棘高处。
And your gang will fly on.
同伴都继续飞翔,
You’ll be left in a lurch.
你却给丢下晃荡愁苦。
You’ll come down from the lurch with an unpleasant bump.
你也许会从那摇摇欲坠的枝头狼狈跌撞而下,
And the chances are, then, that you’ll be in a slump.
结果,很可能, 你会跌入深渊悬崖。
And when you’re in a slump, you’re not in for much fun.
当你跌入深渊, 便无甚乐趣可言。
Un-slumping yourself is not easily done.
想走出消沉, 却难一步登天。
You will come to a place where the streets are not marked.
你会来到掩隐的小路,
Some windows are lighted. But mostly they’re darked.
一些窗户泛着灯光,但大多数昏黑灰暗。
A place you could sprain both your elbow and chin!
一个会让你扭伤手肘撞破下巴的地方!
Do you dare to stay out? Do you dare to go in?
你敢留在外面?你敢走进里面?
How much can you lose? How much can you win?
有多少可失去?有多少能赢取?
And if you go in, should you turn left or right…
假若真走进去,该转左还是转右……
or right and three quarters? Or maybe, not quite?
还是右转四分三?或者,也许,不够?
Or go around back and sneak in from behind?
还是转回去,从后潜入?
Simple it’s not, I’m afraid you will find,
恐怕即使满心决意,
for a mind-maker-upper to make up his mind.
你也觉得,要下决心也不容易。
You can get so confused that you’ll start in to race down long wriggled roads at a break-necking pace
你也许会一时迷乱, 拔腿沿曲折的长路亡命狂奔,
and grind on for miles across weirdish wild space, headed,
熬折奔跑千里, 经过遍野光怪陆离,
I fear, toward a most useless place.
我担心,你跑向的是那最无用之地。
The waiting place…
那“等候之地”…
….for people just waiting.
那儿的人只知等候。
Waiting for a train to go
等火车走,
or a bus to come or a plane to go
等巴士到,等飞机飞,
or the mail to come or the rain to go
等这邮件到,等那雨停,
or the phone to ring or the snow to snow
等这电话响,等那雪纷飞
or waiting around for yes or no
等别人置“可”、“否”,
or waiting for their hair to grow.
等头发长长,
Everyone is just waiting.
人人只懂等候。
Waiting for the fish to bite,
等鱼儿上钩不折腾,
or waiting for wind to fly a kite
等风到来放飞风筝,
or waiting around for Friday night
等周五夜
or waiting, perhaps, for their uncle Jake,
也许是等看他们那“杰克叔叔”,
or a pot to boil or a better break
等锅里水开,等更佳机遇,
or a string of pearls, or a pair of pants
等一串珠链,等一条新裤,
or a wig with curls, or another chance.
等一个卷毛假发,等另一次机遇。
Everyone is just waiting.
人人只懂等候。
- 英孚青少儿英语体验课
-
· 50年英语教育经验
· 专业外籍培训师授课
· 专为青少儿量身定制的课程
- 免费预约
- 我们的课程
- 3~6岁幼儿英语(幼儿英语探索课程) 7~9岁儿童英语(儿童英语腾飞课程) 10~13岁少儿英语(少儿英语拓展课程) 14~17青少年英语(青少年英语领先课程) 英孚英语暑假班(英孚英语暑假班) 英语学科辅导(英孚英语学科辅导) 国际幼儿早教班 英孚英语寒假班(英孚英语寒假班)
- 热搜关键词
- 热门文章